You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website
Your consent applies to the following domains: www.filehorsee.com
“Cookie” is a term used to refer to cookie modules and similar technologies through which information can be collected and stored.
An “Internet Cookie” (also known as “browser cookie” or simply “cookie”) is a small text file that contains alphanumerical data and is stored in the memory of computers, smartphones and other Internet-enabled devices. A cookie has two components: the name and the content.
By design, cookies can only be accessed by the same web site that installed them, whenever the user returns to that web site.
Cookie usage purposes
Cookies are used to improve the user experience of the Website, adapt some features to the preferences of each user, and ensure a smooth operation of the Website services. Specifically:
- Registering a user account
- Saving user preferences
- Anonymous web traffic statistics to the Website (this allows us to see how we are doing and which areas of the Website can be improved)
- Delivery of online advertisements (since all Website services are free, this is how we are able to stay in business)
Cookie lifetime can vary depending on their purpose. Based on lifetime, cookies fall in one of two categories:
- Session cookies: stored temporary, deleted automatically when the web browser is closed
- Persistent cookies: stored on the user’s device until a specific time (which can be minutes, days, or years in the future) or until deleted manually through web browser settings or specialized computer software
Some parts of the content shown on the Website can come from external sources, which can add their own cookies, called “third-party cookies”. Specifically:
- Google Analytics: anonymous web traffic statistics (we use the following settings: anonymizeIP ON, Remarketing OFF, User-ID OFF) – details / settings / opt-out
- Google Adsense/Doubleclick/AdManager: online advertisements – settings
- 33Across: online advertisements, non-personalized – policy/details – opt-out
- Sovrn: online advertisements, non-personalized – policy for EU users – opt-out
- Google reCAPTCHA: serviciu anti-spam/anti-bot – detalii
Types of cookies used on the Website
Strictly necessary cookies: used to enable core web site functionality and store user preferences
Performance cookies: used to facilitate usage statistics, including web traffic statistics
Authentication cookies: used to allow registration of accounts as well as authentication (log in) to those accounts
Advertising cookies: used to allow statistics on the performance of advertisemens as well as target advertisements based on user interests
_ga: Google Analytics, used to count sessions and unique users in web traffic statistics – details
_gid: Google Analytics, used to count sessions and unique users in web traffic statistics
_gat: Google Analytics, used to throttle requests to the statistics server
__gads/__gac: Google Adsense rate-limiting & performance – details
Cookie management information
Disabling cookies makes the Website harder to use. Some features will be degraded while others will not work at all. For example, it is impossible to register or log in without cookies. This way, using the download basket or the watchlist features is no longer possible.
Nevertheless, users can configure their web browser to reject (or accept) cookies sent by specific sites. All modern browsers offer this functionality, which can be accessed through the “options” or “preferences” menu.
Disabling cookies will not stop advertisements from being show, but it might make them less relevant to users’ interests.
Here are a few useful links about managing cookies:
- Video about cookies and cookie management
- Cookie settings in Google Chrome
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Safari
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Opera
- Cookie settings in Safari (iOS)
- Cookie settings in Chrome (Android)
Granular management for third party cookies
To learn more about the choices that advertisers provide generally for individuals to influence how information about their online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services is collected and used, visit:
How can I control the cookie preferences ?
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more about how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.